Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Our New Callings

So.....as many of you know I have a new calling. I am the Young Womens President. I got called into the bishops office a couple of weeks ago and was asked to serve as the young womens president. I was pretty much in shock for about a week. The hard thing was I was told not to talk about it with anyone until it was announced (which would be a week and a half later). It killed me to keep this inside. I am so relieved that it is now official and I am able to talk about it. I am so excited to be able to work with the young women. I truly feel like this is the best place to be and I know I will learn a lot.



Skip's new calling. So.....on the morning that I know they are sustaining me as young womens president, We get a call asking if Skip and I can meet with the stake high council. So we drop our kids off at our friends (Thanks Matt and Michelle) and we head over to the church. I am thinking they are going to talk to us about my calling. I was wrong. The stake called Skip to be the financial clerk for our ward. So I don't quite know what this in tells, yet, but I think it is pretty much the budgeting for the ward.

Skip and I were both released from nursery and sustained in our new callings this last Sunday. Big Jobs.....I think we are both going to be very busy.

4 comments:

Alesha said...

I'm so excited for you guys! I know you will both do great! It is good to get you out of the nursery...wouldn't want ya to get stuck there...being Skips favorite calling and all.

Michelle Baird Designs said...

You two are going to be terrific at your new callings. I am sure the yound women are going to love yo as the president. It was always better to have a hip and cool president when I was young.

Tim and Clarissa said...

I'm so excited for you! I think Young Womens is my most favorite calling I have ever had! You will do so great at it too!

Clarissa

Aaron and Niki Ganz said...

Congrats guys on your new callings! You will do great! Asbury woods does have a little center that has some turtles, snakes, rodents, etc that is fun for the kids. It's a really fun place! We need to have another game night with everyone that was awesome!!