Monday, July 21, 2008

28th Birthday

Okay, so it almost seems like I have typed in a mistake when I type in my 28th birthday. Is that really possible? How time flies when your having a blast.

I had such a terrific birthday that I just had to do a post about it.

I woke up in the morning to my boys bringing me in birthday cards which they had made. Skip had gotten up with them and helped them make these cards. So sweet. Skip was then off to school rotations.

My friends had called me the night before and said that they wanted to get the kids together for a swimming party. I thought that was a great idea. Little did I know that they had stuff planned for my birthday. They gave me some great gifts, made brownies (with candles and everything) and even sung happy birthday. It was so much fun. I have such incredible friends. *I wish I had some pictures to post but this took me by complete surprise so I didn't even have my camera with me.

That night one of the young women came over and watched the boys so Skip and I could go out to dinner. It is amazing how different dinner is without two wild and crazy boys. It was a lot of fun.





Skip also got me a great gift which I was in desperate need of....a swimsuit. Of course I did pick it out myself, Skip would have never attempted that. Here is a picture of the great suit.

4 comments:

Julie said...

Happy Birthday! I didn't know we were so close to the same age. My 28th is in October! Your swimming suit is really cute! Sounds like you had a fun day. :)

Alesha said...

haha I am glad you liked your little impromtu b-day gathering. I totally did have my camera, I should have got some pics for ya! I am lovin your suit cant wait to see you strutin it on the beach!

The Johnstun Family said...

Oh my gosh I forgot your B-Day. I am so sorry. What a friend I am I've known you for how long. Tell Skip Happy B-day too.

Michelle Baird Designs said...

Sorry I miss the birthday bash. Anyways, way cute swimsuit, but I am thinking you need to model it and post a pic. of you instead of that model!